- Your privacy on the Internet is important to us. As we may request and collect personal information from you for the purpose of tailoring and improving our services to you, we believe you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that personal information.
Collection of personal information
- Whenever Dogtree collects, handles, stores, uses or discloses information about you in relation to the Site, it aims to comply with the applicable National Privacy Principles, which are part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth). The National Privacy Principles protect your personal information.
- 'Personal information' means information or an opinion (including information in a database) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
Use of personal information
- Dogtree collects information from our users at several different points on our web sites. We may ask for your contact information (such as your email address, mailing address, telephone or fax number). We may also ask for information about your preferences or relevant areas of interest or obtain information through the use by Dogtree of 'cookies'.
- We use this information to improve your experience at our web site, show you content that is relevant or that we think might be of interest to you or use it for the purpose of tailoring and improving our service to you. From time to time, we may also ask for particular details when you request information or services or when you decide to purchase products from Dogtree or from other suppliers who use the web site.
- Dogtree will ask you when it needs you to provide further personal information for any reason. Dogtree will only collect further personal information that is related to the services that you ask Dogtree to provide to you. Dogtree will only disclose your personal information with your consent or when required by law to do so.
- Dogtree collects the personal information you provide so that it can perform its functions or activities, improve its functions or activities and improve the Site.
- If you choose not to provide Dogtree with your personal information, it may be difficult or unreasonable for Dogtree to fulfill the services you have requested from Dogtree.
Disclosure of personal information
- Dogtree may use your e-mail address or other contact details:
- to provide you with the information that you have requested;
- to respond to your feedback;
- to confirm receipt of e-mails you have sent to Dogtree;
- to provide you with a newsletter subscription where you have previously consented to the receipt of the newsletter; and/or
- if Dogtree needs to contact you for any reason, for example to contact you to ensure that the personal information it has collected about you is accurate and up to date.
- Dogtree does not provide or release names or email addresses of members to any third party without the member's explicit permission or unless required by law to do so.
- Dogtree will not disclose personal information unless the conditions outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) are satisfied, for example you have given your consent, unless it is necessary to fulfill a service that you have requested (such as the completion of a transaction via this Site).
- In addition to information you submit to Dogtree, Dogtree may also collect information, including personal information, on an anonymous basis by using 'cookies'. Cookies are small amounts of data transferred from Dogtree to your computer via your browser and which are stored on your computer to track information about your use of the Site.
- "Cookie" technology helps Dogtree determine the features that are important and relevant to our audiences so that we may develop new and improved services in the future.
- You may choose to turn 'cookies' off in your browser settings and/or delete 'cookies' currently stored on your computer. However, should you choose to disable or delete the 'cookies' on your computer, Dogtree may not be able to provide you with a complete experience of the Site and/or provide you with all the services you may request.
Third party websites
- We use IP addresses for purposes of system administration, and to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement within the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- The Site may contain links to websites owned, operated and/or maintained by independent third parties. These links are provided to you as a convenience only. Any inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of its content.
- We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. Dogtree is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any websites linked to the Site.
- Dogtree will take reasonable security measures to protect personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure.
- Without limiting the terms and conditions of use of dogtree.com.au, when using the Site you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we seek to protect such information, Dogtree does not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
Access to your personal information and contact details
- Dogtree takes all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information. However, Dogtree relies on the accuracy and completeness of the personal information you supply and will not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of any personal information you may provide.
Please contact Dogtree at firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- have any questions about this policy;
- would like to request access to the personal information that Dogtree holds about you;
- no longer wish to receive communications from Dogtree; or
- would like to request Dogtree to update or correct the personal information it holds about you.
Dogtree reserves the right to:
- deny your request to access on any of the grounds set out in the National Privacy Principles; and
- if permitted by law, charge an administrative fee to cover its reasonable costs for providing access to your personal information.